Thursday, March 4, 2010

More than 3 Years Later.....

It's Done!!!
Well, ok, not technically done, but the body of the quilt is finished!!!!That is a LOT of quilting!!!! Whew!!! Three and a half years later......I did put this aside quite often in favor of other projects, but I am so thrilled with the outcome. The borders have already been started and are quilting up pretty fast! In just an hour and a half, I think I have half a side of the pink border done.
I also wanted to share some of Charlotte's newest projects. She has begun a blanket for her bed. It will be twin size, so she has quite a ways to go, though she just started this 4 days ago.
So pretty!!!! In that 4 days she has also crocheted 3 of the 6 dishcloths that were special ordered by her Aunt Debbie. She is making one a day and then working on her own project. Great plan! Here are 2 of the dishcloths.....She certainly has gotten to be quite the crocheter!! Is that a word???
And as for Sass.....the other female in the house.....though she has no skills with a needle, she can certainly appreciate the benefits of being in a family of yarn and fabric lovers!Grandkids are coming tomorrow! WOOHOO!!! See you next week! Have a blessed weekend!



17 comments:

Dani said...

Congratulations, Bren! The quilt is looking great!

Charlotte is doing a great job on her blanket. I have never crocheted anything that large before

Debi said...

Your quilting is striking, an absolute beauty. Tell Charlotte I could use some of those dishcloths...is she taking commissions.

Niki said...

WOW!!! Way to go, girl! It's absolutely beautiful...I can only imagine what it looks like in person!

And Charlotte! Great Job!

Rob and his brother started tapping yesterday...how is your maple syrup supply holding up?

Pam said...

Hi Bren,
Your quilt is beautiful. Love the hand quilting!! I'm fairly new to your blog, but find your writings to be good for my soul. Thanks.

Charlotte is doing a great job, too! I love watching my daughter in the midst of her own crafty endeavors.

Many blessings,
Pam
www.RealWomenQuilt.com

copperswife said...

Bravo!! The pink and brown is so gorgeous. Charlotte's crochet work is becoming more and more accomplished, too. You girls rock!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

always nice to get a quilt just about finished - especially after 3 years (been there - done that)
Charlotte's done a good job too!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Unknown said...

It's gorgeous Bren, you must be so happy to see the end so near.

julieQ said...

The quilting you did on this quilt is just exceptional. I love it so much!

Libby said...

That quilt is BEAUTIFUL Bren!! I can imagine how good you must feel to be at the end of all that work! It is a show piece!

What a sweet time you must have quilting away while Charlotte does her work and little Miss Sassy sleeps!

Enjoy your weekend with those sweet kids!
Libby

Crispy said...

Oh Bren your quilting is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! I hope your borders don't take as long as my borders are taking me LOL.

Love Charolette's start for her blanket.

Crispy

Nancy said...

oh Bren, the quilting is fabulous. Good for you to stick with it for
3 1/2 years...

Charlotte your blanket is wonderful! Are you going to start selling those dish cloths?

Unknown said...

Your quilt is just gorgeous!! It is quite a stunning piece!!

Charlotte's crochet work is just beautiful!! She is a very skillful young lady.

Hope you enjoy those grandbabies this weekend!

Unknown said...

Your quilting is gorgeous, wow, congratulations. I have forgotten if you have told us but are you going to keep it for yourself? Charlotte is very productive, I like her new blanket, it will be a lot of work for her.

Unknown said...

Congrats! to Miss Charlotte, beautiful job.

Bren, your quilt is exquisite, I love the colors & the designs.

Pop over for our quick quilt giveaway.

Have a beautiful weekend.
TTFN ~Marydon

Coleen said...

I'm impressed as usual. It looks super, can't wait to see it on the bed.

Mountain Mama said...

Yay! It is beautiful!! I am just totally amazed at your beautiful work. Oh some day, I hope to be 1/2 the quilter you are (doubtful at even that). Oh well, I will enjoy and be inspired by your quilting for now.

Charlotte's crocheting looks great.
in Him,
ashley

Donetta said...

And the crowds cheer!!!!!!!!!!!!
it is beautiful!