Saturday, March 13, 2010

She Spends Saturday Sewing Sea Shells

I am working on the brown border of the Pink & Brown quilt and loving it! It is such a cool design. Very classy.Here is a peek at the back. It will be a nice finished edge.I only have 3 sides to go and then on to the binding. Sorry if you are all getting tired of looking at this quilt. I am just so excited about the progress I am making. I plan to spend the rest of today working toward getting a second side done.
Yesterday, my grand children came for an overnight. It was such a blessing to have them two weeks in a row. TJ had his first "piano lesson". He learned middle C and is learning to play "Mary Had a Little Lamb".Emerson has forgotten how to walk and RUNS everywhere, which is why I have no pictures of her that are not a blur! She also says "poo" when it is appropriate! She wrinkles her nose and says "icky" while you are fixing her problem. I think she will potty train early. So cute, that little one. TJ pulled a toe nail and was quite freaked out, yelling, "Hurry, Grandma, it's almost gonna bleed!" Grandma hurried and a bandaide took care of everything!He wore his pj's backwards last night, on purpose. Don't ask why, cause when I did, he had no answer except that he wanted to. My type A- personality let him do it and I was not too disturbed! LOL
Tomorrow I am having dinner for 15. It is Kyle's 24th birthday and Sherry is in town with 3 of her kids and 2 of her grandkids and will bring along her "special" friend. It has been a year and a half since Scott passed away. I am so glad she is finding happiness again. I will try to get lots of pictures.
If you get a chance, check out Pam's web page. It is a fun place to visit!!! I want one of the shirts!!!!


9 comments:

copperswife said...

I love seeing the pink & brown updates. You are making such terrific progress on it!! You will soon have it done, and what a beautiful quilt it will be!

Happy birthday to Kyle!

Libby said...

I LOVE seeing the pink and brown! It sounds like you are going to have a wonderful weekend! I hope Kyle has a great birthday! I will be watching for the pictures!
Libby

p.s. Thanks again so much for the fat quarters! I LOVE them!

Susan said...

What a fun update! I love seeing your pink & brown updates - keep 'em coming!

I had to laugh over the "almost going to bleed" and the pj's backwards just because. So cute! And wearing the pj's backwards didn't hurt a thing - something I could have learned when my kids were little.

Betsy said...

Bren the sea shells are beautiful on that quilt. Is it a stencil you designed?

bettyp said...

love the quilting on the brown fabric!! Your GC sounds so sweet!!

Pam said...

Hi Bren,
I was just enjoying your blog entry and your beautiful quilting designs (never get tired of seeing that!) and then found the link to my website! Thanks!!

Much love to you and yours.

p.s. My kids wear their pajamas inside-out when they are hoping for snow!

Pam in Tennessee

Unknown said...

Bren, there is always such a warmth & peace in visiting you. The kids are adorable ... busy at this age, but such joys. Love that gorgeous quilt.

POP over for our GIVEAWAY

Happy St. Patrick's Day
Have a great weekend.
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Crispy said...

I love seeing your progress photos Bren. I just love the motif you are using in the border!!!

Your grands just crack me up!!

Crispy

Niki said...

Bren, I never get tired of seeing the pink and brown's progress, can't wait for the photo of it finished and lying on your bed in all it's splendour!!!

Good for Emerson's "progress".....Henry isn't showing much interest yet, but Nessa is hoping soon!

hugs to you!
Niki