Monday, February 2, 2009

Bud's Big Day!!

My son is a HUGE Steelers fan. Has been since his childhood. As a teenager, he and his dad painted this big HUGE Steelers logo (just like the one above) on one of his bedroom walls. It took up the entire wall. So, you can imagine his excitement when his beloved Steelers made it to the Super Bowl. I promised him "football food" as he requested. We had meat and cheese, bread, crackers and a couple of kinds of chips and dip.Rachel made an awesome cheese dip.Not a whole lot of color in that food! I added a bit on the side....I had an Atkin's plate, though my weight has not dropped this week. I have not cheated AT ALL, and am getting frustrated playing this game with the scale. Hopefully I will be able to report a significant drop next Monday, Sharon.
Kyle had a friend over and they ordered pizza and watched a movie downstairs. He did join us for most of the game after his friend left.
TJ came over all decked out and "ready for some footbaaaaaall!!!"Paw Paw worked with him all season to say "Steelers Stink.", but TJ came in today saying "Bears are stink"!! Daddy had been working on him!!!Little Emerson was as cute as she could be!! What a sweet disposition. She wakes up smiling! She and Grandma caught up!!The game was going so smoothly for the Steelers that a few people fell asleep!!!! Sweetheart napped in his Bears hat...he is a diehard!Bud's girls did not make it either....TJ and Zachary played, but TJ got very tired at the end of the evening. He curled up next to grandma and fought to keep his eyes open. He did make it through the game though, unlike some others I have already mentioned!Charlotte watched the game while working on her "skinny scarf" she is making for Rachel.She did clean up the kitchen for me during half time.I worked on the last of the hand quilting on a table runner and put the binding on the front during half time (I did see Bruce sing a couple of songs), and worked on the back during the rest of the game. I can show you the front once it gets to it's new home.It did not take long for all the sleepyheads to wake up, as the game got a little tense at the end. Bud was on the edge of his seat!!! Emerson thought it was all great and did not doubt her team for a second!Those Steelers pulled it out and won the Super Bowl!!! They made history twice during that game...one for the longest play (that was awesome even if you are not a football fan) and another for having the youngest coach. No, not him..... My son had a GREAT day!!!! As a side note, it seems the Steelers won a Super Bowl the year TJ was born and now another in the year Emerson was born....maybe I will get more grandkids yet!!! He would do anything to see his Steelers win a Super Bowl!!

12 comments:

Mary said...

It sounds like you guys had just as much fun as the Steelers did!

My brother is in Steeler heaven too.

Unknown said...

Family time :)

em's scrapbag said...

What a great family day you had. So happy for you. Glad the Steelers won for your son.

Susan said...

We watched bits and pieces of the game. Of course, we went to church for the very middle, but it seems we didn't miss much of the real excitement. Wes saw that longest goal (or whatever it's called) and I thought that was pretty exciting. Had to laugh about your grandkids being born in Steelers' winning years - you might have bunches more grandbabies! ;) Woohooo for Charlotte cleaning up that kitchen for you, too!

Guess what I got for free today? A bunch of quilting supplies! A lady listed them on Craigslist, and I got them! I plan to take pics and share them on my blog. I'm so excited to finally have some fabrics to play with and learn to quilt!

Winona said...

Bren,
Looks like you guys had lots of fun and quite a spread of food. I hate to admit it, but I did not even know who was playing. I am just not a football fan, and fortunately neither is my dh. (grin) I sewed the whole day away. I am going to blog again in a little bit. I have had a cold, so haven't felt good for the past couple of days.
Winona

Judy said...

Looks great over there! Fingers crossed the scale jumps way down next week!

Jeanne said...

Congratulations to the Steelers fans!
Looks like a great party. The food and outfits were very festive. Lots of great pictures, too. Thanks for sharing. It was a great game.

Love Bears All Things said...

Sounds and "looks" like a special day. I notice that Rachel looks like she has lost weight also. TJ is growing so big. Emerson is adorable.
You have inspired me. I made a set of goals and actually finished an Ohio Star block today. Yea!!!
Mama Bear

Sarah said...

How fun! Is Charlotte crocheting or knitting? I just love the fabric you used as the backing on your table runner! That Emerson is so precious, and TJ is too!

Andrea Cherie said...

My oh my, Emerson is growing so fast! She's not a tiny little peanut anymore!

dot said...

Looks like you had a good time. Your team won and that must make you happy. I didn't really care but I was rooting for Cardinals because they were the underdog. It certainly was a good game.

~JoAnn~ said...

Bren~ Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers, I am feeling a little better but not much. Wanted to come and post a comment to thank you. My concentration is not very good right now and I feel as though my head is going to explode it's so stuffed up.I will be back later when I am feeling better to read your posts...
Blessings,Joann