Monday, January 11, 2010

Phase 3 & 4 Complete

Phase 3 of the "Big Project 2010" was to strip the wallpaper and get the room painted. Sounds easy, huh? I told Sweetheart he put that wallpaper up to survive Armageddon!! Finally it came down and I got the room taped and ready to paint. Thank goodness the new occupant was worth all the work!Yes, Kyle was moving back upstairs. I was thrilled! I never liked him 2 floors down and it was easy for him to separate himself from the rest of the family. He would not do this intentionally, but his basement room felt like he had his own "apartment", as he called it. Let me tell you, that paint job was NOT easy. I was certain the orange would cover the green easily and I would not need to prime. WRONG! It took FIVE (5) coats of orange. Good grief that was awful! DAYS later the painting was done and I quickly made up Kyle's new curtains in his beloved Bears fabric.Please note that the oranges in these pictures are WAY brighter than in real life. The orange in the curtains is a regular orange and the orange on the walls is more of a sherbet orange...very soft. Here are some pics of Kyle's finished room....Phase 4 was to move him upstairs.That back wall behind Kyle's bed is all orange with a white chair rail going around the entire room. The other 3 walls are orange on the bottom and a BRIGHT white on the top....the white is showing a tint from the lighting. It all reminded me of being in a dreamscicle! He loves it, as it is the Bears official colors!He slept upstairs for the first time last night and loved it. He had Charlotte in to watch a movie and Zach brought his legos next door and they played for a while. It was a great move and all worth the effort.
Phase 5, and the final phase is also complete, but I will share that next time. Also, the Man Room is all done as I put my next project up on my design wall......I even put 4 blocks together yesterday. Sewing in this room is wonderful. Someone in my comments asked how I would feel being so far removed from the family down here. Well, I think it would be great....a place to escape once in a while. Most of my quilting is done in the hoop in the family room so I spend little time at the machine. Still, it will never happen, as any time I am down here, so are the family.....they follow me where ever I go. ;)
We also got Sweetheart's guitar, mike, and amplifier set up in his area (I always share...and this was meant to be "our" space) and the weights are set up ready for use.Now it is ALL FINISHED! I can start this week fresh. The girls have crochet class this morning so I will take my big quilt along and hand quilt for a couple of hours. What could be better??!!

15 comments:

Andrea Cherie said...

Looks terrific, Bren!

I'm thinking about teaching myself how to crochet (I'm sure I can learn online somewhere). I'm encouraged because Charlotte does so well at it, I guess I just need to jump in and do it!

Unknown said...

Kyle's new rool looks fabulous and the look on his face says it all. That must have been a job and a half moving all that furniture upstairs.

Sue said...

It all looks great, Bren, now you can relax and quilt!

Paula said...

Kyle's room looks great! And, I really love that quilt on your design wall!!! Awesome!

Nancy said...

Kyle, your new room looks wonderful. What a great Mom and Dad you have!!

Bren, isn't it nice that everyone follows you around. It means they like to be near you and there is nothing better...

Sweet P said...

Wow! Kyle's room is way cool! Perfect for a sports fan. Yours and DH's room is looking good too.

Susan said...

Everything looks great, Bren! I know you're glad to have Kyle back upstairs, and it's really nice for the two younger ones to get to spend that extra time with him - and his room would be the envy of any sports fan!

I found it funny and sweet that your family follows you wherever you go! LOL That's a good testimony. Wes and I share a study/craft room, and it's so nice to work in there together. We don't talk much, each doing our own work, but the companionship is wonderful.

Libby said...

I love Kyle's room! A great "guy's" room! My sons room is done in red, black and Georgia Bulldog stuff! I'm glad that you have your sewing room all ready! I'm sure that you and your family will spend alot of time down there!
Have a great day!
Libby

Unknown said...

Kyle looks very happy in his beautiful new room. Well done and it didn´t take so long, you must have worked very hard.

copperswife said...

It looks great!!!!

Unknown said...

Boy that was a lot of work! It all looks very nice, and Kyle looks so happy!

Alesha said...

It ALL looks really fantastic! I can't imagine how exhausted you were after all the work; but it sure did pay off in a big way! I'm so glad everybody is happy with the change. :o) Sometimes pleasing everybody is the hardest work of all! lol!

Alesha

Love Bears All Things said...

I love Kyle's room. I think it is wonderful that he is so close and willing to have his siblings come in to share some time. You did good.

I'm still working on my room.

The quilt is beautiful.
Mama Bear

Crispy said...

Hooray for being done!!! Kyle looks like he's really happy with his new room. Love the quilt you are working on.

Crispy

Rose Marie said...

How great for everyone .... Kyle with his fabulous new room and you with your huge studio (even though you share).... new blocks on your design wall (did you have one in your old room?).... a lot of work but so worth it!