Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter 09

I hope everyone had a blessed Easter! Ours was delightful! Before I share pictures, I am sad to say that I lost all the photos taken from Thursday through Sunday evening. I was heartbroken. Somehow they got deleted. Sweetheart worked all morning and was able to retrieve some, but not all, of the photos. Little Emerson in her Easter dress and her with her great grandfather....gone. My sister receiving her quilt....gone too. Still, there are some that were saved and for that I am thankful. Here are some of them.....On Good Friday, we went to The Journey Of The Cross at our church. It was very moving. We were taken through many stations that reflect on the journey our Lord took for us. This one asked us to reflect on a pair of sandals which were much the same as our Lord may have worn. We were to think about where those sandals had taken Him on those last days before the crucifixion. Where do we allow our own sandals to take us??This station reflected on the Last Supper. I love the faces of my children in this picture. That of honor and respect. They all took this very seriously.Here, the courtyard where Jesus was "tried" among the people who screamed out "crucify Him!"The Journey took us through many stations and most contained a notebook where we could write our thoughts and feelings to God. It was a wonderful experience.
The kids colored Easter eggs and were all ready for Easter Sunday.We went to church early on Sunday morning so the kids could take part in the Easter egg hunt at the church. Here is Pastor Paul directing the kids to where they would go depending on their age group. That is Emerson in the little white bonnet.My kids took off so fast I could not catch them....let me show you why.I have been hobbling around for days now on an injured foot. I was not too slow to catch up with TJ though!!He had his bucket filled to overflowing.Pastor Paul brought him a bag to empty his bucket into so he could fill it again...which he did!
Even Emerson got an egg!!Back inside, we got our seats and waited for the service to start. Doesn't Charlotte look so grown up? She has gotten SO tall lately.After church, we had 20+ people for dinner. It was delicious. My sister and her husband loaded the dishwasher and got it running and then Rachel took over and cleaned the entire mess herself. I can not tell you what a blessing that girl is to me. She vacuumed my whole house on Saturday and helped cook the meal on Sunday PLUS cleaned up!!! I mean washed, dried, put away all those pans and serving bowls!! She knew I was unable to stand for long. I could not be more blessed if she was my own blood.
I did give my sister her quilt. She was very happy with it.
I was glad to see her rub her hand over all the quilting. I could tell she was soaking it in. The quilting really popped after I washed it, like it always does.
If I could do one thing different, it would be the back. I love the back of a quilt....Winona knows what I mean. I will leave it at that for now and post next time on the back of this quilt. I have some things to say!
Have a blessed evening and thanks for sharing my Easter with me.

8 comments:

Mary said...

My, it sounds like you had a very full and blessed Easter!

shelia said...

I love the pictures! And you Charlotte looks very grown up...how does it happen so fast.

Thanks for sharing your Easter with me. :)

copperswife said...

Wow, the quilt turned out so well!

What on earth did you do to your foot??????

Winona said...

Bren, what did you do to yourself? Too much working out? Your sister's quilt turned out just beautiful! I know she will cherish it. Nothing like running your hand over the quilting. Of course I want to see the back. (grin) Charlotte is growing up. Great pictures. I am sorry you lost so many pictures. I know how upsetting that is. I hope you heal quickly, my friend! Winona

Anonymous said...

So glad that you had a wonderful Easter!
How did you hurt your foot/ankle?
I do hope that you are resting and taking it a bit easy!?
Your sister's quilt is beautiful, you did an incredible job!
Have a blessed day! =)

Unknown said...

The quilt is beautiful, you are such a great quilter. What a beautiful weather you had.

NeeCee said...

The quilt is gorgeous! I am so glad you were able to retrieve some of your lost pictures and I understand your grief over the loss the ones you couldn't get back.

The pictures of your two littler ones are just delightful!

Love Bears All Things said...

Charlotte does look very grown up in her Easter outfit. My, how they do grow up fast.
Little Emerson looks so sweet. Thank you for sharing your day with us.
Mama Bear