Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Stroll Around the Blog Block

I read a lot of blogs (most in my reader) and since I have such a wide span of interests, I thought I would share a blog post from each of my own personal interests. You can click on the person's name to take you to the exact post I am referring to, unless otherwise noted.

QUILTINGI am so excited to share this with you all! NeeCee finished her first quilt!!! I feel like a proud Mama. She has already started her next quilt!! Officially, NeeCee is a QUILTER!!


HOME SCHOOLCopperswife and Kendra are doing a joint venture called "Marvelous Monday". They each post on a different subject and share the curriculums they have used in their many years of home school. So far they have covered Math, History, and Literature. The links connected to their names will take you to their blogs, and from there, you will need to go to their Monday posts. Well worth the search as you plan next year in your own home school!

GARDENING
My garden is no where near ready to go in, but it is fun to read about the gardens in the south and west that are sprouting wonderful veggies and flowers for fruit! Patty at Morning Ramble has been working hard at her homestead. Her garden is gorgeous!! I have also enjoyed watching her "kids" play and grow!

MARRIAGE & WOMANHOOD
The Southern Housewife at Her Southern Charm has had the most wonderful two part series on "Affairs". Yes, I too have been having an affair. I bet I'm not alone. Read Part 1 and Part 2 to see if you are faithful!!

HOME DECOR

Milah did a great post on Hoosier Cabinets. I want one so bad!!! Oooooh, they are just wonderful!!!

RECIPE'S
Mrs. U shared a fabulous appetizer recipe this morning. Cheesy Pinwheels with Italian Dip! Yummy and easy enough for the kids to help! I plan to make these for my next Ladies function!

HOMEMAKING

One of my favorite subjects and one of my favorite posts for the week. DeNiece posted this video of her home and homemaking. I LOVED IT. I watched it twice...the second time with Charlotte. What a woman!! This lady oozes love of family! Grab a cup of coffee and spend 17 minutes being thoroughly inspired!!

CHRISTIANITY
Again, DeNiece inspired me with this wonderful post. Every woman who desires a relationship with God will be touched by this deeply moving post on God's Promises. DeNiece is a definite role model. You might want to surf her entire blog.

FRUGAL LIVING
No, this has never been a real interest for me. I am one who never looks at prices, shops without coupons or a circular, never knew what a "loss leader" was, and sometimes grocery shopped several times a week without a list! YIKES! Well things have changed in our world and I have had to study up on making new habits. I did get my grocery bill cut in half last year, but even that is not enough.The Proverb's Wife has a blog FILLED with great hints and details on saving money while filling your pantry to overflowing. The link will take you to her blog where you will want to spend some quality time surfing her wisdom filled posts.

So there are some of the posts (there were many more) I enjoyed this week. I hope you enjoy them too!!! Thank you ladies for the inspiration!!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a surprise and what a good idea! I have got to take advantage of this sunshine we're having and get outside to mow my grass, but I look forward to this evening so I can check out these blogs!
How sweet of you to mention me.;D
You are a jewel!!!

Blessings!

Winona said...

Bren, thanks for posting this. I have been checking out these blogs. Always nice to find a new one. Have a great day, my friend.
Winona

Love Bears All Things said...

Thanks for the links.
Mama Bear

Susan said...

This was fun! I have a large list of blogs on my reader, so I might have to do this sometime.

I loved DeNiece's video on homemaking! What I loved most about the list of home tours you mentioned yesterday is that most of them are just plain old houses - not the elaborately decorated ones that are popular in blogdom right now. These ladies are happily living in the homes their husbands have provided, taking joy in keeping them clean and tidy and taking care of their families. In my blog reader I have some blogs of ladies who have the fine houses, and I find myself thinking I don't have all the right decor, the "right" countertops or cabinets, or the best flooring or carpet. Then the Lord brings along a post to show me that most of us don't have the latest and greatest, but we have happy homes where we can love our families and minister to others. I need to have my attitude adjusted like that quite often! LOL

Niki said...

Thanks for the links, I'll go visiting :)

DeNiece Barnes said...

Bren, Thank you so much for your kind works and leading people to my blog, you are a sweet woman of God, Please stop by and see me at anytime. As I write my blogs I pray that God will lead me and tell me what to say so that I may reach out to his people and lead them to be wonderful keepers of their homes.