Thursday, September 3, 2009

Feeling Fall

It is in the air!! Fall. I love this time of year, though I am not ready for winter, so I am praying we have a long Autumn season. Sweetheart's sunflowers are blooming. He has 3. One is fully bloomed, and one is just starting to open up.The other one is still closed up.
I found a treasure today. I have been wanting this certain table cloth for over a year. I even posted about it last year. Well I found it today for $7.99!!It is wonderful! I love all the colors and it reminds me of patchwork, so that is a plus! I moved the table runner to the breakfast bar again. This table runner is probably 10-12 years old. It was the first one I ever made. It has been washed a gazillion times and is still in mint condition...well, I guess the fabrics are a tad faded.
I did no quilting today. I plan to spend tonight hand quilting, but my plans to quilt today were thwarted by the mailman. Two new (used) books were delivered.I am thrilled to read both of these. I spent some time in the one on food allergies today. It is very interesting, and I am certain I suffer from food allergies. Hopefully, I will discover what to do about it! One thing I know....whole foods as much as possible. I made whole wheat bread from scratch yesterday and ground up some slices into bread crumbs for tonight's meat loaf. I put the rest in a baggie in the freezer. Better than processed. I am not reacting to wheat (I don't think), but preservatives and high fructose corn syrup are horrid in my body. I had meat loaf made with all natural ingredients, baked potato, and green beans for dinner. Nothing that should have bothered me. Still I am itchy and for about 1/2 an hour after I ate, had a hard rapid heart beat. I guess it could be the Marie Callendar Coconut Cream Pie I ate after dinner........After checking the box (after I ate some) it contains high fructose corn syrup AND a form of the preservative, glutamate. *sigh* Also, I am pausing (click here if you are pausing too), so who the heck knows!! I know I am sick and tired of being sick and tired and I am the only one who can fix it. Enough whining! I need to educate myself, but for this evening I will quilt!

8 comments:

~JoAnn~ said...

Bren~ Love the big giant sunflower!! The tablecloth sure is pretty too but I just love the table runner...the colors are great, if you need somewhere to store it for a few years send it on over:)
Blessings,Joann

Mommy Saves ALOT!!! said...

Wow...look at that Sunflower!!! Just gorgeous!

You home has wonderful fall colors and it has a warm and cozy feel to it.

Thanks-
Sheena

the Mrs. said...

Beautiful pictures!
I'm glad that you are not stuck in your books and are taking time to quilt and relax. Good for you!

Have a wonderful weekend!!
Blessings,
Alex

Sewing Junkie said...

I to have troubles with foods and preservatives. No fun at all. My Grandmother always said the things that taste good are not good for you. Hope you can feel better. Take care Chris

Crispy said...

Love the sunflowers and the table runner and the table cloth :0)

Sorry about the allergies, the only thing I'm allergic to is cheap metals....nothing wrong with wearing expensive jewerly though LOL.

Crispy

Unknown said...

I hope you will find what is bothering you.

Winona said...

Bren, that sunflower is so pretty. I agree, glad fall is here, but hope it is a long fall. Not looking forward to winter at all. Pretty table cloth and I love that table runner. High fructose corn syrup does bad things to my body too. (big sigh) I also have a bad reaction to wheat anymore. I ration my eating of bread and pretty much leave pasta alone. In fact I only eat wheat products for special ocassions. I hope you find out what is bothering you. Have a wonderful holiday weekend. Winona

Unknown said...

Bren, Those books look like they jumped off my shelf! This summer I have suffered something aweful with menopause and I also have food allergies. I can't have dairy or caffeine, and probably some more that I'm not aware of. Hope those books help you out!