Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Tackle It Tuesday

This weeks tackle could last me a month of Tuesdays. I will however, try to do it in 2 days time. Today I will concentrate on upstairs, and tomorrow, downstairs. I have 6 panel wood doors and they really are beautiful, if taken care of. If left on their own, they can look pretty bad. We are not easy on our house. Between the kids and my furniture moving fetish, the doors can get pretty banged up. My favorite product (caution: endorsement ahead) is Old English Scratch Remover. It is a miricle worker. I am getting no kick back nor do I work for them. I actually only use that one product from their company. I use only non toxic, earth friendly products, however, this one is a necessity if I want my doors and woodwork to look good. The following pictures are before and after. Just a couple, but you get the idea. It also cleans the doors as they collect dust. If the wood is not just scratched, but gouged, you can still see the cover, if you look close, but the repair is better than the alternative.


















There you have it. Another Tackle It Tuesday job under my belt, til tomorrow when I do the downstairs doors. Somehow, those are not as bad. ;) To see what others are tackling today, hop over to 5 Minutes For Mom.

6 comments:

Knit-Wit said...

Tackle it Tuesday? OK - I'll get started painting that bedroom that I've been putting off.

jennyr said...

wow! that's so neat! great job...i will take note of this product!

My Trendy Tykes said...

Great job!

Linda

Betsy said...

Nice doors!

Saska said...

I just bought some of the OE Oil saturday at Walmart! It does do a good job---stains the hands pretty good too.

In Pursuit of His Call said...

Awesome job!!!