Friday, August 31, 2007

4 Seasons Progress

It is coming along...slower than I would like but still progressing. It has went from this

To this...
And now to this, in less than a week.
Now the original plan was to use this beautiful floral for the border....I think not.
I think this one will be better...what do you think?

It is hard to see in the pic, but it is little fall leaves. Darlene, you know what it looks like, it is on your bag. What is your opinion? It will just be a 3 inch border. Now for the quilting, my favorite part. I am seeing some really beautiful 4 seasons swap pieces out there. If you are not in the swap and want to see some of the finished projects or those like mine that are still in progress, just click on the 4 seasons swap badge on my sidebar. This will take you to a page with a list of names of quilters in the swap. Just click on the names to visit their blogs and see their projects. I know Linda finished hers and Anne showed hers all finished today. Libby is done and Nadine is ahead of me for sure. There are many more and they are all incredible. So I will be quilting tomorrow and maybe have it finished by the beginning of the week. TJ is being baptized on Sunday so I will be gone most of the day. My Godson, Steve is back from his second tour of duty in Iraq and we have not seen him in 2 years. It will be very exciting to see him. He will be TJ's Godfather. Tomorrow is a big laundry day so I will have lots of time to hand quilt between loads.

We were unable to do the co-op today as will occasionally happen, but we are not waiting, and will make butter on our own on Monday. The kids watched The Wilderness Family movies today and just loved them. What great movies!!! In case you haven't heard, Joni bought a new calf and named her Charlotte. There is a picture on today's post. She is so cute and is very little for a calf. She will be adopted by Violet the cow and raised as her own. How ironic, huh? My own Charlotte was very small for her age when she came to us. Charlotte was very excited to hear that the new calf was given her name. She knows how much Joni loves her calves and she was touched. It amazes me how many people who have never even met us have reached out and touched me and my children just since I started blogging in June. Speaking of which, I am approaching my 100th post, being the blabbermouth I am, it will be here before I know it. I am already thinking of a giveaway, so stay tuned....

17 comments:

Unknown said...

It's looking gorgeous Bren, congrats on the awesome embroidery. Told ya it only took practise...lol.... My choice would be the 2nd fabric, not so busy and won't detract from the applique work.

dot said...

I like the second fabric. It sure is a neat little quilt.

meggie said...

I too, like the 2nd fabric. It shows off your lovely applique.
And isn't it an honour, for Charlotte to have such a lovely little namesake! Both sooo Beautiful!
Blessings for the Christening.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Definitely the second border...Isn't it amazing how a little embroidery turned your "fruit" into flowers. It's very pretty.

Darlene said...

I agree, the second fabric. You want your applique to be the focus - it's stunning!

Judith said...

I totally agree on the second fabric and just love it.
This one is like all the others also welcome to my house ;-)

Kairle Oaks said...

I'm sure that your DH can now tell that does are definitely flowers and NOT fruit. LOL! The first fabric is beautiful, but he second one certainly allows the applique to take center stage!

Joni said...

And I think Charlotte is more and more like your Charlotte each time I visit! LOL. She is getting pretty vocal about her dinner. I think your swap piece is fantastic but I would have to see the fabrics in person to decide!

Angie said...

What a gorgeous little quilt!!! It's just stunning!

Unknown said...

Although I like the first fabric, the second enhances the appliqué better. I love looking at all the different 4 seasons swap projects and wondering which one I will get! Have a nice Sunday and take care.

Finn said...

Hi Bren, sorry I don't get over here as often as I would like to...but I'm always happy to see all the wonderful things you are accomplishing when I do visit!
The four season swap piece looks just marvelous! I'd be PROUD to own it..you are doing a great job!
And you are right on target with NOT using the large print for border. It's just a bit "too" much for the delicate look of the basket and flwoers. The second choice is much better, I think *VBS*

Love the bits of embroider I see here and there...*S* And I was so happy to hear that Hamilton Book could be of use to you. I truly feel it's a good sourse of quality new books. I haven't found that he carries 'junk'(in my opinion) but I mostly just browse the quilt books. The prices are reasonable beyond belief and his shipping rate is just incredible!! I have 4 books coming(3 I showed) and the shipping is $5.10. I hope you will be as happy with his selection as I am.
AND..only you have bought from him, you'll be receiving his 'bargin shopper'. A news paper like shopper that list lots of books and music and movies for sale. The print is almost too small for me to read even with a magnifying glass, but I have seen some good offers in there.
I read all the way down to your Storing books post..LOL, and hope I haven't contributed to your problem...LOL
Books are like friends, they should be everywhere but have a place to go home to..*VBS* Hugs, Finn

Andrea said...

I like the second fabric. It looks wonderful so far. Good luck with the christening - what a nice event for Steve to come home for.

Libby said...

I like the second fabric - but either really would be lovely . . . wonder if that little beauty is going to come live with me? *s*

Unknown said...

Oh yes the second fabric looks better. Someone will be very lucky to receive this quilt.

Marisa said...

Really like your basket block! It's beautiful, and I'm a HUGE fan of baskets.

Rose Johnston said...

Its looking great Bren (wish i was ur swap partner!!)...The second fabric is quite stunning and looks great but i kinda like the first one as well!!! Ur embroidery looks fantastic!!!

Yvonne said...

I like the second one too.
Have a wonderful Christening day....very happy to hear that Steve is home safe and sound.