Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Busiest Weekend Ever Part 1

Look who's watching me write this post. Yep. It is Miss Emerson. She is still in bed...and rightfully so since she woke me up at 5:45 with her cooing through the monitor. She stops feeding on that bottle every once in a while to blow raspberries at me! Both of my grandkids spent the night last night. It was a fun Friday. They arrived a little after lunch time and TJ spent the whole day outside while his sister gave me a few (more) gray hairs. First she decided she could climb up to things on her knees. She had no idea how to get down, but she had not figured out if she let go so would fall. At one point I put her in TJ's old infant car seat while I worked in the kitchen. Sweetheart came through and said, "You know she is out of there, right?" NO! Yes she was. She had climbed right out of that thing. What else could I do???
She is strapped in there! When she woke up from her very short nap, we went outside to play. I narrowed these pics down...really I did.Girls and phones....
Paw Paw joined in for some Emerson time.

She told him some stories. Pretty soon TJ wanted some Paw Paw time too.

Emerson decided she did not want anything to do with tickle wars! She was outta there.

Tickle wars begins....

I think Paw Paw won....

Emerson headed for Grandma's sewing....that's my girl!

We enjoyed the outdoors. It was a cool 72 degrees in the shade and the yard was gorgeous. Sweetheart has worked so hard in the front yard the past week.

"Kunckle Kyle" and TJ worked on some bike repairs....

In the backyard we have roses blooming! It is the first rose these bushes produced in the 6 years they have been there. Thanks to a bloggers comments (I can not remember who) last year when I shared Sweethearts distress over his rose bushes not blooming! He took her advice and viola! (I went back and looked and it was Gina who gave us the advice on pruning! Thanks Gina!)

We had a dinner of swiss steak cooked in tomatoes, onions and green peppers over brown rice. It was wonderful.

Before bed, TJ wanted to see how much he had grown since he fit in his old car seat....

When you are an adult, TJ, and you look at this, you can see what a dork you could be sometimes!!!! Grandma still loves you!!!

The kids all went to bed wonderfully....they were tired. Me too, but I did spend some time in my cozy corner, at the end of the couch, basting hexagons. Only 6 more to go and I will be ready to attach them into a stunning table runner!I get the morning with the kids and then I need to be at church by 11 am to set up the Ladies Titus Tea. After that, today will be a whirlwind that will not end until I fall into bed very late tonight. It will be unusually busy, but a good busy. I am excited for Sunday after church when I can sit back and relax for a while! Until then I better get going.....
Be Blessed,
Bren

14 comments:

blushing rose said...

What a lovely fun day you had ... the children are adorable, but then you already knew that. TTFN ~ Marydon

Sweet P said...

You had a wonderful, wonderful Friday! Grandchildren are so much fun!

Mountain Mama said...

Those grandchildren of yours are extemely cute. Love Emerson's chubby cheeks. yum! How do you not kiss them all day long? You are a blessed mama, gma and wife!!

Have a great day!
ashley

Mommy pfohl said...

I loved the pictures! Emerson is just a doll and getting so big already! Oh I hate that they grow up so fast! Hugs! ~Mindy

copperswife said...

Enjoy your busy weekend! The pictures from Friday looked wonderful, and your yard is gorgeous. Emerson just gets cuter and cuter.

Sarah said...

The yard really does look great, Bren! It sounds like you will be busy, but it is a good kind of busy! Have a great weekend!

Carolina Girl said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day! Ememrson is growing so fast, I just wish we could slow it down sometimes. I pray you have a wonderful day tomorrow, as well!
Shellie

Andrea Cherie said...

We're HOME again! So...hopefully I can post about our last TWO whirlwind weeks soon! I'm anxious to do so!

Niki said...

That Emerson! Such a cutie!
Enjoy your rest today.

PS Candles would make a lovely 30th anniversary gift, don't you think??? ;)

Unknown said...

The front yard is AWESOME, wow it looks so great.

~JoAnn~ said...

Bren~ Your granddaughter has the prettiest eyes and she looks so much like her brother. Can't wait to see the table runner, love the colors. Your yard is just stunning.
Blessings,Joann

shelia said...

Emerson is getting soooo big!!! where does the time go?...and now i'm hungry...that sure did look gooooooooood :)

shelia said...

Emerson is getting soooo big!!! where does the time go?...and now i'm hungry...that sure did look gooooooooood :)

Marilyn Robertson said...

Emerson is such a cutie, and is growing into a "big" girl so quickly!