Sunday, June 14, 2009

Rachel's Lilies & The Weekend

The above pic is of one of Rachel's lilies. She loves lilies! Aren't they gorgeous!?
These are about to burst into a bright orange, but the message on the garden stone says it all!
My son's sweet home...they worked all weekend in the yard. It is a very large yard with lots of trees. That is Kyle and Emerson on the porch.
We kept the grandkids for several hours this afternoon. When we took them home I snapped these pics and Sweetheart visited with our son.
I had the kids for 2 ice cream cones and 3 packages of fruit snacks (approx. 5 hours) and then it was dinner time.
(This picture of TJ was taken the other day by Charlotte with her new pink camera....that's my mom in the background)
I had put a chicken in the crock pot this morning. All kinds of wonderful spices and a full day on low made for a wonderful dinner.Sweetheart stayed busy all weekend working on another corn hole game. This time it is for his cousins (his mom had him build it as a gift from her) and they are huge Dallas Cowboys fans. They live in Texas. She will give it to them when they come up next week.He painted those stars himself...he made a stencil from poster board and somehow, with great detail, made it look perfect.I was very impressed with his skill! I made the 4 navy and 4 silver, corn filled, bags, plus a drawstring bag to carry them in and the set is complete!I wonder if he will ever make a set for us??!!
I did some other sewing this weekend. I made a little table topper to be hand quilted. I will show it when it is done. I also am working on the binding of the black and yellow sunflower quilt for my great niece's birthday in a couple of weeks. More baskets in the near future and of course on the 19th, I might have a table runner to whip up. If you have not entered the draw, please go back a few posts and do so. The box is filling up with names....I was quite touched by the comments on the post, and can you believe that I got a comment from Cynthia Townley Ewer, the Editor of Organized Home!?!? She is like a celebrity to me! My binder has been featured in the tour section a couple of times. Some of my other blogger friends are featured there too. Pop over to the site and look around. There are many helpful articles to get you organized. I am trying to respond to each of you who commented, but if you are set to "no reply" then I have no way to thankyou for your comment or let you know you are appreciated. I will tell you all that right here! You are all so appreciated!
Our little garden is full of little yellow flowers. Zach waters it twice a day and keeps looking for new blooms.
TJ planted some green beans along the new trellis (with the help of PawPaw) and they are starting to pop up.My mom, Rachel, and I played Bunco last night with the ladies group from my church. I had FIVE (5) Buncos! For those of you who do not know what that means, it is a really good thing. Most people go the whole night without one Bunco. I won the prize and got to choose which one I wanted....I choose the lined basket of dish towels...these are NICE towels. I really needed some new ones. How many of you get all excited over new dish towels? I sure do!!Many of you asked to see "the dress". Here it is....the dress I will wear to renew our wedding vows. I am praying it fits better then...it looks ok now, but will look much nicer 10 pounds from now. I think I can pull it off if I work hard...or get a Kymaro Body Shaper LOL!!!...really I did bid on one on ebay, but lost, so I best hit the treadmill and stop baking!That's it for now. I plan to do some deep cleaning this week and I will go help my mom one day as she is getting some work done in her bathroom. For now I am going to go to bed early. I just know that coffee last night was not decaf! I was wide awake for HOURS!!!
Be Blessed,
Bren

14 comments:

copperswife said...

Your dress is gorgeous, and that chicken looked delicious!! What a fun and full weekend.

Susan said...

Beautiful dress, Bren!!! You will look gorgeous!

Your hubby did a great job on those stars. Having lived in the D/FW area for 11 years, I know those stars well! ;)

NeeCee said...

Gary would love your hubby's newest game. He is a HUGE Dallas Cowboys fan!

Your dress is beautiful. I can't wait to see pictures of you wearing it on your special day.

Looks like your box is full of names. Doesn't look good I will win. Can I put my name in a couple more times? ;0)

Donetta said...

Oh that is so pretty!
Your going to look like a princess...
A garland of flowers would look pretty on your head.

Andrea Cherie said...

Bren~ That dress is beautiful! You can do it!!

Niki said...

The dress looks lovely and will look lovely on you!

Have a great day
Blessings,
Niki

StitchinByTheLake said...

What a busy weekend! And precious children...gifts from God for sure. I love that dress - I've been dieting since Christmas but I've taken a step backwards this week so I'm back on it. Good luck! blessings, marlene

blushing rose said...

What a lovely dress, you will be gorgeous!! What the heck is a corn game thing? TTFN ~ Marydon

Robin said...

I always get excited over dishtowels! I thought everyone did. ;-)

Your dress is beautiful. I am sure you will be very pretty in it.

Love Bears All Things said...

Your dress is beautiful and it will fit perfectly when its time. I like those dishtowels. They do get dingy and worn fast and it is always nice to have new ones. I'm curious about what spices you put with your chicken. It looks so yummy. Hope you had a good night's sleep.
Mama Bear

Mountain Mama said...

The lilies are a piece of sunshine (something we have not had much of lately). Your dress is gorgeous and I am sure it looks amazing on you!! Cute towels. AND I think Big Canyon needs one of those games :-)

Mrs. Sew and Sew - Karen said...

Bren, The dress is beautiful. You will look wonderful in it. Hugs and blessings, Karen

Marilyn Robertson said...

What a beautiful dress! I understand about the weight issue. I tried on some Summer clothes yesterday just to put them back in the closet - too tight! Ugh! Back to work on the weight loss for me!

Winona said...

Bren, your dress is beautiful. I hope you plan to share a picture of you wearing it with us. That chicken had my mouth watering. Bud and Rachel's looks so cute. Winona