Sunday, March 1, 2009

Happy Anniversary

My parents celebrate 49 years of marriage today. They were married on Leap Day (Feb. 29th) so my father would tell you they do not have an Anniversary this year....my mother begs to differ! Can you tell this is my favorite picture of my parents? I use it often on my blog, but it really shows their personalities.
My father has carried a favorite picture of my mother in his wallet all these 49 years. Don't ask me what she has going on with her hair on her forehead...spit curls, I think....but she was a doll! She still is. 49 years of marriage has given them 2 children, 6 grandchildren, and 4 great grandchildren. They are blessed!
Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!!!!

7 comments:

Susan said...

Happy Anniversary to your parents! They look like a fun-loving couple.

Andrea Cherie said...

49 years! That's wonderful!

~JoAnn~ said...

Bren~ That is wonderful 49 years, nowadays if you make it to 10 everyone thinks you are doing good. My parents would have been married 59 years in Oct. 2007 but my father passed away in March of that year.
Tell you parents Happy Anniversary from Joann in California...
Blessings,Joann

Winona said...

Bren, happy anniversary to your parents. Does your mom still get an anniversary gift even though they only have an anniversary every 4 years? LOL They look like a great couple and still happy after all these years. Good for them. Winona

copperswife said...

Happy Anniversary to your folks! Cute couple!!!!!!!!

Coleen said...

Please tell your parents Happy Anniversary from me.

Anonymous said...

Hello Bren, Happy Anniversary to your Mum and Dad.How sweet of your Dad to carry your Mum's photo with him. Regards Lyn