Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Treasure Box

The treasure box is finished and hanging. (see yesterday's post if you are lost) It is very securely screwed into 2 studs, so my treasures are safe.It looks very nice and Sweetheart did a beautiful job. It matches the bench perfectly, and my "stuff" is back. I am really enjoying it.

Zach lost another tooth last night.
He worked very hard to get that baby out of there! You can't see it, but it is in his hand.

I read myself to sleep last night and then spent a nice part of my morning in my very comfortable rocking chair, continuing The 30 Day Jump Start from The Biggest Loser.
I was so inspired and really amazed at all the new information. I already have the Biggest Loser book, so wondered what more they could add. A lot! I started the program today and will be sharing about it and my progress over at
Feel free to join in. I highly recommend the book to anyone who is struggling with weight loss.

Thanks for stopping by to see my treasure box!! My grand kids are coming in an hour or so to spend the night....just because. I better get going and prepare for them.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

It is beautiful and displays your treasures very well.

Niki said...

What a beatiful job he did!!! The whole arrangement looks really lovely, Bren. We're boiling down more syrup now....do you think UPS delivers syrup into the States? hmmmm....

Andrea Cherie said...

It's gorgeous! Way to go "Sweetheart"!

Congrats to Zach for ANOTHER tooth loss! Is there incentive to lose teeth in your home? ;)

Thanks again for your email about the invites!! You just made my day! (and it's been a dreary, pretty disappointing day~ we had to re-schedule our "picture weekend" cause it's yucky out)

NeeCee said...

He did an amazing job! What skill! I think I'm a bit jealous. :0)

copperswife said...

The treasure box shelf is lovely. Your husband did a wonderful job. It looks just right over the bench he made, too.

Donetta said...

Wow what a act of love in giving. He has a real love language of such it appears. I am so glad to see you had a time rocking. Perhaps he can build a foot stool for you.

Journeying said...

Your treasure box is great and your rocker for reading is great and it's great that you have a sweetie who is able to do such lovely things for you. I am inspired by your open and calm bedroom - I need to do some serious de-cluttering of mine.

meggie said...

Your Sweetheart is your Greatest Treasure!! He is wonderful, & I love his work.
Your other treasures look perfect in the new treasure box, & the bench is lovely too.

~JoAnn~ said...

Bren~ Isn't it so nice when you can re-purpose something you like into something else?? I love the look of the old rocker.
I see Nikki mentioned syrup, I got some last year from my friends in Vermont it is just so much more flavored than store bought...
Blessings,Joann

Love Bears All Things said...

I like the treasure box and I might have to check out that book.
Mama Bear

Alesha said...

wow, wow, and wow!!! I think "meggie" had it right - Your Sweetheart IS your greatest treasure!

He does absolutely beautiful work. I know you must be so proud!

I plan to email you sometime today with our eating plan. Too much for a comment on the blog. : )

Alesha

Sweet P said...

Your treasure box is awesome!