Friday, February 22, 2008

Home Alone Adventures

After wiping Zachary's finger print off my camera lens, I was able to retake a picture of my first CWDQ block that I am more pleased with.I also re-did my new header. I found the perfect layout for the 9 patches I am swapping with Linda. I found it on a TV show. I hope I can find the perfect fabrics...I will let you know when I pull it all together. My friend Coleen is taking Charlotte for the afternoon, and Zach is going to Bud and Rachel's. Kyle and Sweet Hubby are at work. I will be HOME ALONE!!!!! I had it all planned out. I would do 2 more blocks on the CWDQ. Well, while Zach was in the tub I was able to do 2 more. Here is "Special Blessings"And "Yankee Papers"NOW what do I do??? I think I will tidy my sewing room and then do some hand work. Maybe I will do another CWDQ block. What do you do when you are home alone? I can count on one hand how many times I have been by myself (in my house) in 7 years. One thing I do know, I don't want to spend it on the computer, so off I go!!! Have a blessed day!


10 comments:

Belvie said...

Nice blocks. Nice colors too! Enjoy that time alone.

Unknown said...

It can be so nice to be home alone.

Marilyn Robertson said...

Great blocks! You make me want my CWD book now! I guess I will have to stalk the mail man next week!

Juliann in WA said...

Aren't these blocks wonderful. I am having trouble doing anything else but look at the book, read the stories, and piece blocks.

Donetta said...

Hi, Long time sense we have spoken. I hope your doing well. I am happy for you that you have had a day to yourself. I hope the kids are doing well.

~Niki~ said...

Hi Bren!
Hope you are feeling better lately!
HUGS! Niki in AZ

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

The Civil war quilt is gorgeous...I love the goal poster.Started one on a scrap board.... today....because of your idea.Thanks for sharing. Colleen

Libby said...

Hope you enjoyed your day . . . even though I am often alone, I have certainly learned to enjoy the solitude *s*

Love Bears All Things said...

I like these too. Well, I'm almost always home alone daytime during the week unless I have an ingagement elsewhere.
I did 2 blocks this morning, now I'm eating lunch. I'm not sure I'll do anymore today. Maybe I'll finish up on Wednesday.
Look for photos tomorrow, Tuesday. I scanned them like you did.
Mama Bear

Sue said...

I love all the CWDQ block! You're doing a great job on those.

Home alone is a rarity here, too, I try to spend it all quilting when it happens.