Thursday, February 28, 2008

Spring Fever

I really want Spring to happen! I am feeling very closed in. I can close my eyes and feel it. Fresh air wafting through an open window. The words "Go play outside" still hanging in that fresh air. The sound of children laughing through the open windows. Instead, my house smells stale, "stop arguing" is the phrase of the day and whining complaints of boredom can not compare to laughter! HEAVY *sigh*. Soon, Bren. Soon.

I got my swap partner for the Spring installment of the 4 Seasons Swap. I am glad I waited. What I had in mind will still work, but colors will be different. Still Spring, but not my Spring colors. I was thinking this morning about how everyone is getting their partners and checking out their partners blog. OMG!!! I feel terrible for who ever got my name. If you do not "know" me and came in on the Face of Trauma posts, PLEASE do not be afraid. I am really quite normal! (most days) Those post always wipe me out and I think even the response is difficult. The support is incredible, but I never get why I am so tired afterward. I do not sleep well a few nights before and after a post, but need a nap during the day. Well that would explain the sleepy tired, but I am talking about an emotional tired. My friend Sue says she thinks I am feeling the therapeutic effect of them. I do hope Mamady read the second post, but I have a feeling she did not. I felt lead to write it, so I will not feel it a waste. I got NO negative mail (probably thanks to Linda's comment) so that was helpful. I take those hateful e-mails so personal. To be honest only one person has ever been negative, but it was to the point of hateful. I have had 100's of responses to these posts and that one response still hangs there...how selfish of me. I will work on that! On to other things...
Kim from Stillmeadow Quilting, sent me a package! I won a draw on her blog. Here is what I won.
Isn't she wonderful!!?? Her name is Rosie and the girl can QUILT! I have a dilemma...what am I going to do with her? I thought of a bag, but she measures about 21 inches finished. Too big. Then maybe an apron...or a cool wallhanging for my sewing room. What do you all think? Any suggestions? I know I am anxious to create something with her. Kim also sent this wonderful tablerunner pattern and fabrics to go along with it. I think the colors will be perfect for my new living room. Here is a pic of the bag of Dove Chocolates she sent...oh, sorry. Those are gone!!!! Thank you Kim for being so SWEET! Quilter's are SO wonderful! While discussing the CWDQ blocks, I made mention in an e-mail to a fellow blogger/quilter that I was shocked at the fact that I have NO cheddar colored fabric. Instantly I got an e-mail back saying she wanted to send me a piece. I am just in awe of the generosity of you all.
You have seen the 9 patches Linda and I are swapping. They measure 6 inches finished and are so much fun. We decided on 6 per month and did 12 in Feb. to catch up with Jan. I received Jan., Feb., AND March from Linda. Aren't they beautiful!!?? I am excited to see the stack get bigger and bigger. 12 blocks a month (we make a set for ourselves to match) should grow quickly!
I picked up some more fabric for the CWDQ. I got 3 of these on sale 50% off. They are quite pricey so I was thrilled and got 1 yard each, plus another yard each of the bottom 2. I thought I would "share" with a friend. I will let her be surprised. The top one is a fat quarter I just loved. Well I need to get school set up. I am so thrilled with Zachary's math. It has been such a struggle for Charlotte. I am not the best at math either, unless we are talking quilting, so to have a "Mathematician" (Zach's word) is wonderful. My oldest son is also proficient in math. Zach got another 100 on his latest Math test. He has only gotten 100's. He walks around in "math mode" all the time. "Did you know 1/2 of 100 is 50, Mom?" He skipped a section of his Saxon math because he was really bored! I have made sure that when Charlotte is doing math, Zach is not around. He was giving answers to her difficult-for-her problems and it was very frustrating for her. He is only 6 and can do 4th grade math. Not good for her self esteem. I remind her we can not be good at everything and that her reading skills are outstanding.
Ok, I am off. Hope everyone has a blessed day. I plan to cut and sew some 9 patches and maybe do a CWDQ block or two...after my nap. ;)

13 comments:

Sue said...

You're longing for spring and I'm still reveling in winter, LOL.

I'll think on Rosie, I see her as a wallhanging in your sewing room to remind you that you can do anything.

We might have to re-decorate the room around her ;)

Kelley said...

Hi Bren!
I have Spring fever too!
We have actually had 2 days of gloriously spring-y weather~woo hoo!

I sent a reply to your e-mail and I hope that you received it?!

Sorry I haven't been posting much~ life is insane here at the moment and I have had the "blues"...

Just wanted to come by and wish you a blessed day and say hi!

Unknown said...

Make an apron.

copperswife said...

I like the "Rosie" fabric, and I really like what you bought, too. Your quilting friends are certainly a generous bunch. What fun!

meggie said...

Isn't the blossom beautiful! I love flowering Cherries.
I love those fabrics for that table runner, so pretty!
You won't be short of something nice to sew!

Rose Johnston said...

Dont give that negative email another thought....im sure the person who sent it hasnt either!! Love the fabric and i love Guorun's idea of making it into an apron.

Unknown said...

Perhaps a wall hanging for your sewing room would be good, love the other fabrics and pattern that Kim sent you, oh and did you say chocolate, and it's all gone?....lol.... Your CW fabrics are just gorgeous. I think after today I may just have to put a halt on starting these blocks for several months....

Marilyn Robertson said...

Hurry up Spring! More snow is predicted for tomorrow night. Ugh! Spring will be here - some day! Love the Rosie fabric. I think it would be a great wall hanging.

Niki said...

Beautiful quilt square and fabric. I've decided after the baby and after the wedding, I'm going to take a quilt class and make some twin size bed quilts for grandchildren. Go Zach!!! Although I do relate to Charlotte when it comes to math!

Mamabeanof4 said...

Mmmm...an empty bag of Dove chocolates and kids fighting in the house-NOT a good mix Bren! Caffeine stresses you out even more-is that possible?!? I love the Rosie material too and the 9 patches are sweet.Your quilting friends are such treasures!

Jeanne said...

You could cut the corners off of the Rosie piece so that you are left with a Rosie hexagon. (just the center square) You could sew HST to the corners to make it square again, but now it's small enough for a tote bag.

Jeanne said...

My suggestion would work for the second Rosie piece, not sure about the first one.

Ginger Patches said...

I love those little 9 patches...I can't wait to see the finished quilts!