Monday, February 25, 2008

WHY???

WHY, oh, WHY can't I keep a clean sewing room/office???? I don't understand it. How did it get this bad so quickly?? Today will find me getting this mess cleaned up once AGAIN! I meant to have Sweet Hubby take the 2 old computers back to the basement storage area yesterday, but forgot. Now I will have to do it myself. The desk is a mess, as is the sewing table. Hazel (my vacuum cleaner) will be spending some time in here. At least the closet is staying clean. Ewwww, an open drawer...a pet peeve of mine.

Libby asked for us to show our ironing boards. I have two. This little one is on my sewing table and I use it for block piecing and bias stem making, etc. The big one I have to drag into my sewing room from the bedroom as it is a shared board. I only need it if I am piecing a top or pressing backing fabric, etc. This iron gets much hotter than mine. Nothing spectacular. Not horrible, but not a pretty sight either!

Speaking of pretty sights...or sites...I was able to get my blog out of the black hole with a colored background. I am still a work in progress and want to create a soothing look to my blog. I like the template, but may end up changing that to. I found a GREAT new blog that is helping me to do this. Amy is the wizard of blogs. Just go here to see what she offers...it is free and easy to understand. I learned how to put in a search box and replace the word "comments" at the end of my posts. Also, the background color change was not tricky even though it was manual. Amy's tutorials are user friendly! She also offers services at very reasonable prices. Thanks Tammy for leading me to Split Decisionz.

Thinking of great blogs, don't you all miss Joni??? I know she is working full time and needed to close her blog because of time constraints, but I reeeeeally miss her posts.

Well this room is not going to clean itself...I have tried that! Zachary has decided to learn to use a yo-yo for math...Notice the math paper and pencil on the messy table behind him. Nice try, kiddo!!!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

I mananged to get my sewing room nice and clean yesterday. I can now see my cutting and sewing table. Don't think it will last long though.

Karrin Hurd said...

I'd love to hear the answer to why? I ask myself that all the time, the same thing happens to me!

copperswife said...

Messes happen when things are being created or learned. It's just the way it is. Oh, boy, do I share your view of a drawer being left open, though!! Worse? Something left hanging out the top of that open drawer!

~katie~ said...

It seems as I get one mess cleaned up another is being made in the process.... I can totally relate! But hey, I admire you - you actually use your sewing room!! :-) I don't a whole lot, and you inspire me in this area of life very much!! I would actually love to have messing sewing room pics to show! :-) My sewing machine is currently sitting on a tv tray table in my laundry room - we are short on room in that regard, but it works when I need it!

I hope you have a wonderful week Bren!

Blessings,
Katie

~katie~ said...

Oh...one more thing...I love how you have a vacuum *named* Hazel ~ too cute!!

We have a plant named "Chloe" ~ we bought her the month we got married in '99, and she's still kickin' and has led to many other offspring around our house!! :-)

Jeanne said...

Thanks for the link to Amy's site. I'm sure it will be very helpful. Your room still looks clean by my standards which I keep lowering. VBG

Needle, Thimble and Thread said...

how about keeping a clear storage tote under the table and that way you can keep things close by, but also have a place to "clean away" and catch the odds and ends...

Andrea said...

We cannot be creative and tidy too Bren - lol ! I think we're all the same.

Love Bears All Things said...

You see my ironing board in the post about my sewing room/quilt blocks. I thought I needed a pad on the table but then remembered my board is adjustable. I works great that way because I can swing my chair around from the sewing machine to the iron and vice versa.
I also have my Mother's ironing board. The ironing surace and legs are wooden. I'm thinking of varnishing it and hanging it on the wall. Maybe put some pegs on it or a rod for a quilted wall hanging. She had it 60 years I guess.
Mama Bear

Donetta said...

Do you have year 2 curriculum for that math because I have it. I was going to sell it if you want to cover shipping it I could share it with you.
I see your being over run with everyones stuff.
I am so glad to hear your back to your old self. You sound good in print:) I know the time had gotten pretty trying.I packed up half of my art stuff today and will pack up the sewing stuff mostly tomorrow.

meggie said...

I will have to go & check out the Split DecisioNZ... sounds like it is a fellow country woman of mine!
My sewing/computer room is rather a mess at the moment. Frenzied sewing has been taking place.

Robin said...

Yep, I have come to realize that my goal is to have my house look like someone would LOVE to live there but no one actually DOES live there! LOL!
We joke that we are disproving evolution day by day! Nothing, when left alone improves on its own that's for sure! HAHA!
Have a great day! Oh, and tell Zachary I think he could make a case with that yo-yo if he is doing some graphing and statistics! ROFLOL! Don't tell MY kids that though...
Karen T.

Solstitches said...

Thanks for the link to Amy's website. It's good to know there is a place to ask a question when we get stuck.
Your house could never be a mess Bren.
My DH can never close a drawer or cupboard properly. Drives me nuts.

Ginger Patches said...

I ask myself the same question all the time!! I recognize that math book on your table LOL! I just cleaned all the homeschool stuff out of my sewing room (stuff I'm done with and need to sell)--of course now it's sitting in my hall LOL!!!

Charlene said...

Yes I miss Joni's Blog!! My desk always collects stuff and I have to regularly stop and clean it up! I miss blogging, things have been a bit topsy turvy! AND I had the spyware problem on my computer also!!

Libby said...

I think it's just the creative process that creates the mess *s* That's what I keep telling myself anyway.