Monday, February 4, 2008

Snowflake On The Window

I am hanging my head in shame! My Four Season Swap quilt is finished and is going in the mail today...4 days late. It will stay in the US, and I will send it priority mail, so it should only take a couple of days, but still... Here is a close up of the snowflake on the window.

Forgive the pictures. I took MANY and believe it or not these are the best ones. The lighting is terrible. Maybe I will take it out in the snow before it flys off and get a pic out there. Here is the label (before it went on). Labels are not my gift. I have seen some pretty gorgeous labels, but my talent is not in creating them. I am already looking forward to the Spring quilt swap. I have ideas....
Yesterday morning, my Aunt Pete called and asked if I would be home. She had something to drop off. She brought me these. A little House Blessing I plan to frame... And a Diane Phalen Quilt calendar. All the artwork is gorgeous. Here are a couple of my favorites. Look at the kites in the air...they are quilt blocks. And this summer night is wonderful...I look forward to them soon. Today I plan to shovel the 3-4 inches of snow that fell last night watch Sweet Hubby shovel the 3-4 inches of snow that fell last night. Add some basic housework and some major fabric play... after a morning of home schooling, and that is my Monday. Have a good one!!!

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Your mini looks great Bren. We have the same calendar, isn't the artwork in it lovely? Are you planning on making a mess in your clean sewing room?

Libby said...

You quilt will be well worth the wait *s*

Jan said...

I think your label and little quilt look great--you did a good job! Have fun "watching" the snow being shoveled!

Love Bears All Things said...

I love the quilt block and the label.

You asked about my quilts: I am a beginner. I have made quilts for 4 of my grandchildren. They were all rail quilts with a theme piece that reflected an interest. The first one I tied. After that I hand quilted the others. I have a picture of some of them, not very good ones.
Then after I read the first Elm Creek Quilt novel, I was hooked. I bought a Sampler pattern book and fabric. I am still in the process of cutting out the blocks. There are 24 of them.
Thursday I am starting a quilt class at our local quilt shop. It is just the basics and I will be using one of their Berninas to see if I want to buy one.
I love the calendar, wonder where I could find one.
Mama Bear

Debi said...

Beautiful little quilt. Have fun playing in your fabrics.

Sue said...

Your mini came out just wonderful!

and may have just given me a GREAT idea! Thanks for the inspiration!

Marilyn Robertson said...

Bren, I am sure all will be forgiven by the quilter who receives your beautiful Winter quilt. It looks great - and your label does too! I'm not a great label maker either!

Andrea said...

It's a lovely little quilt - worth the wait for some-one. And 4 days late is not worth fretting over !

Unknown said...

I bet your swap partner will be thrilled, it is a very nice quilt.

MrsRitchey said...

Hi Bren!
I love your quilt! You are such a wonderful quilter! I have such huge envy for all of your material! What a wonderful stash! So many possibilities....Please stop by and look at the pillow I made. It is my first attempt at quilting. Sad...but....I just wanted to share with you. Someday I want to quilt for real. Any advice?
Monique
www.xanga.com/moritchey

Donetta said...

Hi sweetie, well you have been a busy Lady! I love your new calender that was so kind of her to gift you. I trust all is well far be it the snow to shovel. That apron is so pretty great work on the boarder of the pocket. I know she must just be thrilled. I hope that your doing well. Thinking of you with a big hug and a fond prayer
~d

meggie said...

Your little swap quilt is very sweet.
Iloved your last post too, with all your photos & news. I have been trying hard to spend a little less time on the computer. Don't know that I am winning though!

Anonymous said...

I love the whimsical name of your quilt!
Enjoy your gifties!

Lib said...

Hi Bren,
Hope alls well with you ,trying to catch up. I missed ya'll
Lib

Niki said...

Sounds like a wonderful Monday to me! Lovely quilt block too. What a nice Aunt Pete you have :)

MrsRitchey said...

Bren
I have a question. I am considering making a quilt. Where is a good place to start? I made the pillow I mentioned before. I need a new blanket for my bed (queen sized). So, should I make something very small, like another pillow? A throw that is too small for a bed, but the right size for the couch? A twin-sized quilt? Or do you think one is as good as another and I should just do the queen-sized quilt? Where should a beginner quilter start? I have books with patterns....I was looking at a weekend quilter book I have that has some nice throws in it...
Blessings
Monique
www.xanga.com/moritchey

mary-myneedlethead.blogspot.com said...

Hi Bren,

Love your stitchery swap block! I love your label and little quilt...reminds me of all the SNOW we are getting here in IL. Love your blog, Hugs, Mary

Solstitches said...

The littel Winter quilt is gorgeous and I think your label is pretty neat too.
Is it Thomas Kinkade? I love his art work.