Monday, February 11, 2008

I'm Back....For A Minute

I am just popping in from my son's computer to post a pic of my 4 Season's Swap I recieved from Grace. I was just thrilled with it. It is called Snowballs and Stars. The gold must have been very difficult to work with. It is hand quilted beautifully. I can't crop or fix photos from here because I don't want to mess up Bud and Rachel's computer...you know that can happen with me. I have kept very busy since I have had no computer, but I really miss all my favorite blogs. I hope to be back soon. The mother board on my computer needs to be replaced...UGH!!! I really hope we can do it soon. Postive thoughts!
Here is a little of what I have been up to...Some 9-patch play... Some fabric shopping.... Oh, and some room arranging...I'll save the entire thing for another post, but here is a pic of my new hand sewing/reading spot. A clue...the kids were evicted AGAIN, but from another spot in the house! And of course here is the promised "after" shot of my sewing room closet... Well, I have a limited time here, so I want to pop in on a couple of blogs. I wish it was to catch up, but I need to copy a couple of recipes. Shepherd's Pie from Niki, and Chicken and Stuffing Casserole from Coppers Wife. I hope to catch up soon. It is possible I will be online on Wednesday, if I can get an old computer hooked up until my custom motherboard is in.
Here is my current read...I am so looking forward to it. If any one else out there has read it, let me know what you think.

20 comments:

Dani said...

I was just about to close my Bloglines when...what's this?

Pieces From Me had updated!!! Woooooo-hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Though it only might be for a moment, it is nice to have you back. Here's to new motherboardage soon!

Your sewing room looks fantastic.

Libby said...

Mmmmm - what a lovely swap piece. I can't imagine how difficult that gold must have been to work with *yikes* Hope you (and a new motherboard) are back with us soon *s*

Niki said...

So glad to hear from you...I've been missing our daily visits!
Hope your back to normal soon!

Unknown said...

Great to hear from you again. Beautiful quilt you got from your swap partner.

Marilyn Robertson said...

Bren, it was great visiting with you even it if was for just a few min. The swap quilt is wonderful! Hope to see you back to the blogging world soon!

~katie~ said...

Your closet looks AWESOME!! I'm so inspired I want to organize something right now!! THanks! :-)

Blessings,
Katie

Solstitches said...

A minute is better than nothing at all.
You did a great job on the closet. I wish I could be motivated to do something with my sewing area.
Hope you will be back for good soon.

Mountain Mama said...

Great to hear you are keeping busy and WOW! your sewing room looks awesome. Way to go!

Niki said...

I tagged you....come visit when your computer is better :P

Donetta said...

Everything looks beautiful. I hope you get back soon I miss you. Hope your having a wonderful week.

Idaho Quilter said...

Glad you got to check in, miss your blog, hurry back, here's hoping the motherboard does the trick. Sewing room looks great.

meggie said...

Nice to see you briefly! Miss you!
Your pics are great, & look forward to seeing more when you get back online.
HugsXX

Angela said...

Missed your posts. Computer woes never come at a good time. The hand quilting looks so pretty on the swap piece.

SarahDee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeanne said...

Bren, I hope your computer woes are solved very soon. I miss your posts. Love the new fabrics and the winter quilt is wonderful.

Darlene said...

Beautiful swap piece and so you!

I'm sorry you're having computer woes. Ugh!

Love your nine patches!

Love Bears All Things said...

I went to my first quilting class last week. I learned several reason I was having trouble learning to use the rotary cutter. We had homework! Thank goodness we had tomorrow off because I had so much going on I'll be lucky to get it all done. Also, I tried out the new Bernina and I've ordered mine. They make it so easy to pay for it with 12 months same as cash. I'll post some of my recent work soon.
Mama Bear

Donetta said...

I hope your well Miss you

~katie~ said...

Happy Valentine's Day Bren!
Hope all is well!
Blessings,
Katie

Sue said...

Your swap mini is beautiful! I can't imagine working with that gold fabric!

I love your nine-patches, they look PERFECT.

WHERE is that spot in your house?? I'm trying to picture where in the world that would be, LOL. Oh wait...in the "new" little living room?

Yay for you on getting SO much done!
Love ya,
Sue