Sunday, March 2, 2008

Weekend Update

Another funny "actual" ad, but I think that we have not come that far in some men's eyes!! I am afraid I do NOT look like that when I am done cleaning my house!! Love that apron, though, and give me one of those Pep's!!
It is Sunday afternoon and the weekend flew by! I planned an entirely different weekend than I got. I was going to spend my weekend quilting, but I have not yet sewn a stitch. Instead I had a Saturday of children. Zachary is one of the most entertaining guys ever! If the show "Kid's Say The Darndest Things" was still on, he would be sure to make it on the air! Here is one of our Saturday morning conversations.

Zach: Do you like this hair style, Mom?
Mom: Sure Zach, it looks great.
Zach: Wait til you see this one, Mom. (Zach maneuvers his bangs with his eyes closed)
Zach: THIS one makes me a chick magnet!
Mom: WHAT?? Where did you hear that? And what IS a chick magnet?
Zach: I don't know where I heard it, but it means you attract the ladies (he almost sings the word ladies). You know..... like in the city.
Mom: Ok, Zach, don't wear your hair like that any more.

Later on in the day, my other favorite little boy came over. TJ spent some time with Grandma. He colored and played with the kids. He LOVES Charlotte. I noticed that he sticks his tongue out just a little bit when he colors. His Uncles (Kyle and Zach) do the same thing. You can tell in this blurry pic if you look close. I said "TJ, you are sticking your tongue out." He did not look up at me, or make any acknowledgement (other than the scowl), but just put his tongue quickly back in his mouth, still just as intent on his picture. I love his shirt..."What Happens At Grandma's Stays At Grandma's" We need to get one for Niki!
He was coloring a rainbow and used all the colors in the box. When he was done with a color, here is what he did with it. AND, the kid LIKES to clean up!!! Grandma's boy!!!!

Today has been a big day of laundry and cleaning as I am taking tomorrow OFF. My friend Sue (some of you know her as Quilting Mama) is coming for the day tomorrow. We may get some quilting in, but the main purpose is I am getting a new do...hair-do that is. Sue's daughter is a beautician and she is coming to cut my hair and highlight her mother's. I am making a lunch for us and have spent time today doing some prep. I have the salad made... Tomorrow morning I will make the tuna salad to go on top of the lettuce salad. I love Spring Mix in the bag section of the produce department, but I mix it with romaine to make it go further. I will mix white albacore tuna, salad dressing, chopped onion and celery together and put it on top of the salad and sprinkle with some grated Colby cheese. For dessert I made parfait cups. This one is for Sweet Hubby tonight and I will add the layers to tomorrow's dessert just before we eat them.
It is simply sugar free strawberry jello topped with fresh (frozen) berries (blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries) with a dollop of cool whip on the top. VERY good and extremely low carb, low fat, low calorie!
Maybe, Sue and I will get before and after pics of our new hair-do's tomorrow. Until then, take care!!

10 comments:

Niki said...

LOL...I must get one of those tshirts!!! TJ is sooo adorable, as is Zach...your surrounded by good looking men, Bren! :)

Marilyn Robertson said...

Even if you didn't get to sew this weekend it sounds like you had a great time! Love the t-shirt and wow - Zack is such a chick magnet!

Robin said...

Oh, have fun with your dear friend!! What a blessing true friends are! I have not sewn a stitch either...and I was SO determined! Oh well! Happy Sunday! Karen T.

meggie said...

Enjoy your day of pampering! Salad looks nice.
Dear little boy colouring in so intently.

Angie said...

Hi Bren,
It's been so long since I've visited, but I'm back! I'm so anxious to see your new haircut! Just think of the stories you'll have on Zach when he's older and married! So cute!

Sue said...

The salad and dessert look fabulous, I can hardly wait! Mostly I can hardly wait to see you, it seems like forever ago I was last there.

After pics maybe, before pics? I don't know about that! I'm not sure mine will show in a pic anyway, but you never know. Maybe we'll experiment and see. You know I HATE pictures! LOL.

I will SEE YOU tomorrow!!

copperswife said...

Yes, yes! Do take before and after pictures. I can't wait to see your new "do"!

Gina said...

It sounds like you had a great time on the weekend. You can always so again, it's time with the kids that's important.

I love the look of your dessert. I'll be doing that one tonight, but a bit more calorific I think as I've got real cream in the fridge.

love and hugs xxx

Mountain Mama said...

I so enjoy my "girl time" with friends. Such an encouragement to me. We sharpen one another. Hope your time with Sue was fun and sweet. Love that Zach of yours. He is definitely a "chick magnet".
ashley

Idaho Quilter said...

Sounds like you have a fun day planned. always makes aperson feel better to get thier hair done. Enjoy...